I came across these New Year’s resolution suggestions from a missionary of years gone by. Jonathan Goforth suggested these as “Rules for Daily Living”. These may not seem earth-shattering, but if everyday Christians lived like this, I believe 2019 would be a year of personal and corporate revival.
- Seek to give much — expect nothing.
- Put the very best construction on the actions of others.
- Never let a day pass without at least a quarter of an hour spent in the study of the Bible.
- Never omit daily morning and evening private prayer and devotion.
- In all things seek to know God’s Will and when known obey at any cost.
- Seek to cultivate a quiet prayerful spirit.
- Seek each day to do or say something to further Christianity among the heathen.